For anyone else out there who has been experiencing the same issues as me with automated MovableType 4 entries from the Flickr blog post utility this one is for you. I have to confess that I let this drop but only yesterday decided to try and figure it out again. Here are the steps:
- Log into MovableType and go to your profile page by clicking on your username or the edit profile link if you haven’t changed the basis MT4 layout.
- Scroll down to your web services password and click the reveal link that will pop up an alert window with your password – copy this somewhere handy.
- Log into Flickr and go to http://www.flickr.com/blogs.gne to view your blog settings.
- Click add blog and choose MetaWeblogAPI Enabled from the drop down menu.
- Enter your usual blog user id and enter the web services password that you copied earlier as your password
- Save the settings and you should be able to post away happily.
- Note, I’m still getting the failed message that I was always getting even though the blog post of the flickr image was successful, not sure why but don’t really care either. One problem at a time. 🙂